Consultant: Alex Foden
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are recruiting for an Associate Veterinarian for an expanding, privately owned, AAHA accredited hospital based on the beautiful shoreline of Connecticut. The hospital is located close to Yale University and Yale New Haven Hospital, where human health care is second to none.
The hospital is a high-quality medicine facility and they pay a lot of attention to detail. They provide client education and spend time building relationships with their clients. They work with many specialists at the local referral facilities to achieve the best outcomes for their patients.
• Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
• Provide medical and surgical services to small animals including dentistries, spay/neuter, and other routine procedures
• Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
• Participate in a culture of preventive care and complete medical workups
• Adopt and apply new veterinary standards and guidelines as they are updated from AAHA and other leading veterinary organizations
• Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
• Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of our Electronic Medical Record software.
• Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience with the entire medical team
They are offering:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
• Simple IRA retirement plan with company match
• Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term
• Liability and malpractice insurance reimbursement
• Continuing education reimbursement